November meeting report
The meeting was spent creatively on art and craft activities with a Christmas theme. It was a delightfully happy, industrious evening.
For the business part of the the meeting, Moira welcomed members and a number of guests. A rendition of Happy Birthday Viv followed and it appeared there were several members with birthdays very near the date.
Apologies were received from May, Jill H, Jill W, Hazel and Ann. Moira thanked Jenny for the flowers and it was agreed these would be given to Jill W who will be moving to the Bristol area at the end of this month. Edna was on raffle duty and Maria and Hilary B on refreshments.
Anne, the treasurer, informed the meeting that next year’s subscription would be £43 and dual membership £21.10. A decision on the bursary will be made in January.
The secretary reported that Membership booklets and cards should be available for the December meeting. Hilary K will be the link delegate for our area at the National AGM on Thursday 4 June 2020 in the Albert Hall. Cost to observers – £22 a ticket.
The pots members had painted were here for collection. Pottery decorating last month had been a very successful and satisfying experience.
- There will not be a walk in December.
- The last Art Group meeting for the year will be a workshop painting Christmas cards with Bruscho on Monday 25th November led by Claire Cross.
- The Craft group will meet at Diane’s on 22 November at 2pm.
- Moira reminded us that the timing for our Christmas meal at the Hilton Garden Inn is 12 for 12.30.
- There will be a New Members meeting at Viv’s on Wednesday 20 November at 7 pm.
- The next meeting on 10 December will be our Christmas Celebration. Thanks to all the volunteer performers and helpers. Viv will be in touch regarding rehearsals but the readers have their scripts and will no doubt be practising their lines daily!
To those intending entering the Scarf Craft Competition – the closing date for your entry is 29 November. The finished article should be at the Oxfordshire Federation’s Tackley office by 21 February 2020.
To all our members – for our Christmas Celebration on 10 December we ask you to contribute something to the tombola and an item of toiletries for the residents of O’Hanlon House in Oxford. Thank you.